To celebrate the Tableau community and to give everyone a chance to warm up for #data20 ahead of the virtual conference, we’re inviting you to join us for a truly global, fully virtual, completely open MakeoverMonday live session on October 5th 2020.
For the past 4 years we have come together at TC to analyze and visualize data, learn something new, meet new friends and share what we can create in 60min with data in Tableau. This year should be no different. We’ll do it all again, everyone from the comfort of their couch, home office, swimming pool or lounge chair. Wherever you are, whoever you are, no matter how much experience you have and how long you’ve been using Tableau…
How will it work?
To accommodate as many timezones as possible and connect data people across the globe, we will host two live events.
- 8am BST (10am MSK, 3pm SGT, 6pm AEDT, 8pm NZDT)
- 5pm BST (12pm EDT, 10am MDT, 9am PDT)
During these live events, we will offer the following:
- A YouTube live stream where Eva, Charlie and Andy will welcome everyone, provide an introduction to MakeoverMonday and share the dataset that you’re going to be working with. We will give you a visualization to makeover.
- Once we finish our presentation it’s over to you. Create your makeover viz in 60 minutes. There are no rules other than: HAVE FUN! Be as creative as you like, or stick to best practices and build the perfect bar chart. You don’t need to complete your viz, it’s just about spending 60 minutes practicing Tableau and seeing what you can come up with.
- Stay on the YouTube live chat throughout the 60 minutes, or drop off and come back – the choice is yours.
We will add a tick box on our MM submissions form (makeovermonday.co.uk/submit) to see if you’d like us to share your viz with the rest of the world via YouTube. Simply fill in the form at the end of the 60min and we’ll select a few vizzes to share live. It’s gonna be big and it’s gonna be cool!
- At the end of it all head over to Twitter and Tableau Public to share what you built, check out the work of others, discuss, ask questions and connect.
What should you do right now?
- Go to https://youtube.com/andykriebel and subscribe so you can see any updates and announcements closer to the time.
- You can also go to the following live streams and set yourself a reminder.
We’re excited to welcome all of you to this year’s #MakeoverMonday LIVE(ish) on October 5th!